Print Friendly Version

New Zealand
United Kingdom



London, United KingdomMon Dec 11 04:48am
Temporary Visas

There are a number of temporary visas also available for entry into Australia:

Visas to Visit Australia

You may choose to visit Australia for a holiday under a Tourism visa. This is the most popular visitor visa to Australia.

Some people may need to enter Australia as a Sponsored Visitor because of various reasons, including their ability to support themselves whilst in Australia - a sponsored visitor visa provides security that the visitor will be looked after whilst in Australia and will depart when required.

The Working Holiday Visa is available to those who wish to travel around Australia and also participate in some work whilst doing this. This visa is for people aged 30 years of age and under

Visas to Work in Australia

There are limited options that you may wish to consider when wanting to work temporarily in Australia. There is a temporary business visa scheme that will allow you to enter Australia and work for up to 4 years if you are sponsored by an Australian or Overseas Business Sponsor.

There are also regional migration schemes that may also be of interest that will allow you to enter Australia temporarily to work and these visas can lead to permanent residency if you meet the correct criteria after some time in Australia.

The migration programme also has visas that may be used if you wish to enter Australia to organise an event or conference. Further information about these visas can be obtained from a migration matters consultant ukoffice@migrationmatters.com or ozoffice@migrationmatters.com.

Visas to Work in Australia

Australia has a comprehensive Student Visa regime that allows you to enter Australia and study within the school system at basically any level from primary school to University. Recently the Australian Government announced that a new Trade Skills Training Visa would be developed.

This visa will allow full fee paying trainees to undertake a pilot apprenticeship programme in Regional Australia. On successful completion of this apprenticeship, trainees will be able to migrate to a regional area of Australia. This is one of the changes that the Australian Government hopes will assist in filling the shortage of trade skills in Australia.

Visas to establish a Business in Australia

The Business Skills visa class encourages successful business people to settle permanently in Australia and develop new or existing businesses. These visas are a two-stage visa which involves a temporary visa that can lead to permanent residency. However, you do not have to take the permanent residency, you may apply and enter Australia to temporarily stay onshore to establish your business and may then return to your other businesses overseas.

There are also Employer Nomination visas that allow Australian employers and approved overseas businesses to bring employees to Australia to temporarily assist in various skilled occupations. Contact a Migration Matters consultant today for further details ozoffice@migrationmatters.com or ukoffice@migrationmatters.com.

Visas to gain Medical Assistance in Australia

The Medical Treatment Visa is usually issued on the basis of an arrangement to undergo medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia. There are certain conditions that must be met before a visa can be issued, including that applicant's have enough funds to support themselves and any accompanying persons during the visit.

Trusted Companiesfees & Services

Migration Newsletters
Latest Newsletters
Migration News - 07/2011
Migration News - 09/2007
Newsletter Archive

Migration Headlines
New Victorian State Migration Plan released

On 21 September 2011, the new Victorian State Migration Plan (SMP) was released.

Read the full article
PRESS: Owen Harris explains "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Owen Harris has recently had an article published in the Australasian Paint and Panel magazine on "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Read the full article
New Skilled Occupation List 1 July 2011 - Occupations removed and added

DIAC has released a new Skilled Occupation List (schedule 3), Annual Update of Skilled Occupation List - 1 July 2011

Read the full article
News Archive

  The information on these pages is as up to date as possible, however, it is best to consult a Migration Matters advisor as they will be aware of any changes made to the immigration laws. Migration Agent Registration Numbers 0324641 0427632 0851294
Fully Licensed New Zealand Immigration Adviser - IAA Number 201000736

[ Privacy Statement ] [ Migration Agents Code of Conduct ]

In Australia - Migration Matters (AUST) Pty Ltd. ABN 52124512367
In the UK - Migration Matters (UK) Ltd. Registered in England No:4675885
US, Canada & UK works are undertaken by Optimus Law Group

© 2003-2017 Site Designed by Finesse Internet Ltd.
Maintained by NetInvent Australia  
Australia Migration Matters Canada Migration Matters New Zealand Migration Matters United Kingfom Migration Matters United States of America Migration Matters