Print Friendly Version

New Zealand
United Kingdom



London, United KingdomMon Dec 11 04:50am
The Overseas Students Program

The Overseas Students Program allows people who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents to study in Australia. Any person who is not an Australian resident may apply to study in Australia under this program.

An applicant who wishes to study under the program must obtain a student visa before commencing a course of study in Australia. An applicant can be granted a student visa only if they are going to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis. A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.

The Department of Education, Science and Training http://cricos.detya.gov.au/ can provide details of registered courses.

The Australian education system is divided broadly into four levels of schooling: primary; secondary; vocational education; and training and higher education.

There are other options available to students from other countries wishing to undertake study in Australia, including English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) and non-award courses.

Please contact a Migration Matters consultant today regarding information and assistance regarding study options in Australia info@migrationmatters.com .

Trusted Companiesfees & Services

Migration Newsletters
Latest Newsletters
Migration News - 07/2011
Migration News - 09/2007
Newsletter Archive

Migration Headlines
New Victorian State Migration Plan released

On 21 September 2011, the new Victorian State Migration Plan (SMP) was released.

Read the full article
PRESS: Owen Harris explains "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Owen Harris has recently had an article published in the Australasian Paint and Panel magazine on "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Read the full article
New Skilled Occupation List 1 July 2011 - Occupations removed and added

DIAC has released a new Skilled Occupation List (schedule 3), Annual Update of Skilled Occupation List - 1 July 2011

Read the full article
News Archive

  The information on these pages is as up to date as possible, however, it is best to consult a Migration Matters advisor as they will be aware of any changes made to the immigration laws. Migration Agent Registration Numbers 0324641 0427632 0851294
Fully Licensed New Zealand Immigration Adviser - IAA Number 201000736

[ Privacy Statement ] [ Migration Agents Code of Conduct ]

In Australia - Migration Matters (AUST) Pty Ltd. ABN 52124512367
In the UK - Migration Matters (UK) Ltd. Registered in England No:4675885
US, Canada & UK works are undertaken by Optimus Law Group

© 2003-2017 Site Designed by Finesse Internet Ltd.
Maintained by NetInvent Australia  
Australia Migration Matters Canada Migration Matters New Zealand Migration Matters United Kingfom Migration Matters United States of America Migration Matters