Print Friendly Version

New Zealand
United Kingdom



London, United KingdomMon Dec 11 04:50am
Transit Through New Zealand

If you are travelling through a New Zealand airport on your way to another country, you may need to apply for a transit visa.

You need a transit visa if:
  • you are not a citizen of a country that is listed as a visa waiver country and
  • you are travelling between New Zealand and,

    Cook Islands Samoa
    New Caledonia Kiribati
    Tokelau Tuvalu
    Fiji Marshall Islands
    Niue Solomon Islands
    Tonga Vanuatu
    Nauru Tahiti
  • your immediate or final destination after New Zealand is Australia, and you hold a current visa allowing you to travel to Australia; or
  • you are a citizen of Australia; or
  • you are the holder of a current visa allowing you to travel to New Zealand.

You will only be granted a transit visa if you are going to be in New Zealand for no more than 24 hours, and will not leave the transit area of the airport. If you wish to leave the transit area or stay in the country longer than 24 hours then you must apply for a visitor's visa before coming to New Zealand.

Contact a Migration Matters consultant for further information either at ozoffice@migrationmatters.com or ukoffice@migrationmatters.com.

Trusted Companiesfees & Services

Migration Newsletters
Latest Newsletters
Migration News - 07/2011
Migration News - 09/2007
Newsletter Archive

Migration Headlines
New Victorian State Migration Plan released

On 21 September 2011, the new Victorian State Migration Plan (SMP) was released.

Read the full article
PRESS: Owen Harris explains "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Owen Harris has recently had an article published in the Australasian Paint and Panel magazine on "How to employ tradespeople from overseas".

Read the full article
New Skilled Occupation List 1 July 2011 - Occupations removed and added

DIAC has released a new Skilled Occupation List (schedule 3), Annual Update of Skilled Occupation List - 1 July 2011

Read the full article
News Archive

  The information on these pages is as up to date as possible, however, it is best to consult a Migration Matters advisor as they will be aware of any changes made to the immigration laws. Migration Agent Registration Numbers 0324641 0427632 0851294
Fully Licensed New Zealand Immigration Adviser - IAA Number 201000736

[ Privacy Statement ] [ Migration Agents Code of Conduct ]

In Australia - Migration Matters (AUST) Pty Ltd. ABN 52124512367
In the UK - Migration Matters (UK) Ltd. Registered in England No:4675885
US, Canada & UK works are undertaken by Optimus Law Group

© 2003-2017 Site Designed by Finesse Internet Ltd.
Maintained by NetInvent Australia  
Australia Migration Matters Canada Migration Matters New Zealand Migration Matters United Kingfom Migration Matters United States of America Migration Matters