Applying for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category involves you submitting an Expression of Interest to apply for residence. In this Expression of Interest you determine the points you may claim as skilled migrant. To be considered under this category you need to be of good health, good character, have a reasonable standard of English and be under 56 years of age. You will also need to meet the threshold of 100 points to register an Expression of Interest. See the Skilled Migrant page for further details.
You can receive points and bonus points forů
- Skilled Employment - This is work that requires you to use significant specialist, technical or management expertise. You may have gained this expertise through completing a recognised qualification or through work experience in which this expertise is key.
- Work Experience - Points are awarded for work experience that has given you transferable skills that will help you settle in and contribute to New Zealand.
This is work experience that:
- is relevant to your qualifications or skilled employment in New Zealand
- required or enabled you to gain significant specialist, technical or management expertise.
- A recognised qualification - You can qualify for points for qualifications such as trade certificates and diplomas, bachelor degrees and post-graduate qualifications. Points are provided for these qualifications as they indicate your ability to gain skilled employment in New Zealand and because qualified people enrich New Zealand's work capabilities.
- Age - New Zealand is looking for people who can make a long-term contribution, you must be 56 years or under to apply under this category.
This point's calculator should be used as a guide only. The calculator gives you an indication of whether you will be eligible for migration under the Skilled Migration Program, it does not guarantee that you will succeed in an application for migration to New Zealand. There are other criteria that an applicant must meet as well as the points test. Migration Matters does not guarantee that you will eligible for any visa under the Skilled Category if you achieve the current pass mark of 100 points by using this points test calculator, however if you find that you meet the pass mark please contact a Migration Matters consultant immediately for a Pre-Migration Application Assessment and further advice about your options.
If you do not meet the pool or pass marks but still wish to migrate to New Zealand please contact a Migration Matters consultant
who can assist you with a Migration Planning Package to work with you one on one to achieve your goals in a realistic time frame.