There are several changes to the points awarded under Skilled Migrant Category policy.
* Bonus points awarded for skilled employment, recognised qualifications, and work experience in an identified future growth area will increase.
* Bonus points awarded for skilled employment, recognised qualifications, and work experience in an identified cluster will be removed.
* Bonus points awarded for a principal applicant’s partner’s offer of skilled employment in New Zealand will increase.
* The number of years required to be awarded points for work experience in New Zealand will be reduced.
* Separate bonus points will be awarded for a recognised New Zealand qualification and for two years of full-time study in New Zealand.
* Bonus points will be available for a post-graduate recognised New Zealand qualification.
* Bonus points for a principal applicant’s partner’s recognised qualification will increase.
Skilled Migrant Category policy will also be amended to clarify that an Expression of Interest may be selected on the basis of only the principal applicant’s skilled employment in New Zealand (ie not the secondary applicant’s skilled employment).
If you are interested in applying under the New Zealand Skilled Category please contact us
for a free initial consultation.