AVAILABLE NOW – Electrician positions available in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
We currently have a major Engineering Company client based in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia urgently requiring General Electricians, Electrical Fitters, and Electrical Mechanics for work in coal mines.
The Engineering Company is willing to sponsor successful applicants to obtain a temporary 4-year working visa to Australia, possibly leading to permanent residency after 2 years.
Please view the below position description. If you believe you have the skills, work experience and qualifications to undertake this type of work please e-mail an up-to-date C.V detailing your work experience and qualifications to email@example.com ASAP.
4311-11 General Electrician
Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
* examines wiring diagrams and installation areas to plan layout of wiring systems
* responds to break downs, diagnoses and repairs electrical systems and ancillary equipment
* positions and installs electrical switchboards
* installs sheathed cables
* measures, cuts and installs plastic conduit and pulls wires through
* splices, twists and solders wires and applies tape or terminal caps
* connects installed wires to circuit breakers, transformers, timers and other electrical equipment
* installs and connects items such as switches, lighting fixtures and earthing systems
* connects electrical systems to power supply
* tests continuity of circuit
* may install, modify, maintain and repair electrical equipment such as storage heaters, water heaters, lighting, motors, electric signs or switchboards