General Skilled Migration changes
On 8 February 2010, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, announced the following changes to the General Skilled Migration program:
* the outcomes of a review of the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)
* the replacement of the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) in the second half of 2010
* offshore GSM visas made before 1 September 2007 would be capped and ceased
* priority processing arrangements
* skills assessment requirements for GSM applicants nominating a trade occupation.
For more information please click on the following link: