The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) State Migration Plan for General Skilled Migration has been released.
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) state Migration Plan for sponsorship under Subclasses 176 and 886 General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications has been signed and applications will open Monday 8 November 2010.
The ACT (“eligibility list”): can be viewed on the ACT Cheif Minister's Department website.
VERIFICATION OF ‘LIMITED’ OCCUPATIONS
The SMP Occupation List will be updated on a regular basis to show the current status of the demand against each occupation. A ‘limited’ occupation indicates that the current ACT target for this occupation is almost met. Applicants seeking nomination of a ‘limited’ occupation must have the occupation verified by the SBM Unit before an application for nomination is lodged. ‘Limited’ occupations that have not being verified will be refused without further processing.
Occupations not on the SMP Occupation List
Canberra residents who do not have an occupation on the SMP Occupation List may still apply for nomination if:
• their occupation is on the DIAC Skilled Occupation List (Schedule 4);
• they have been employed full time in Canberra for at least twelve months before applying; and
• the position is available for at least two years and located in Canberra.
English language ability.
- for ANZSCO Major Group 1 – hold a current IELTS result with a score 7 in each band (regardless of passport held);
- for all other ANZCO Major Groups (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7), either:
¨ hold a passport from the United Kingdom; Canada; New Zealand; United States of America; Republic of Ireland; or
¨ hold an IELTS result with a minimum score of 7 in speaking and 7 overall.
PROCESSING OF COMPLETE APPLICATIONS
A ‘complete’ application includes all the required forms, fee and supporting documents when it is lodged.
• If an application is ‘complete’ the case officer can make a decision without having to contact the client for further information.
Applications which are submitted ‘incomplete’ will be recommended for refusal.
PRIORITY OF PROCESSING
Complete applications for nomination will generally be processed within 60 working days. Applicants should note that this timeframe may vary depending on demand.
CONTACT US TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR ELIGIBILITY
A list of the occupations which feature on the ACT State Migration Plan are as follows: